Many times you feel requirement of conversion of web pages into PDF files but you might have not known about the process of doing so. Well, the first thing you should know is that the process of converting web pages into PDF files is different for different browsers. You need nothing but to install a simple PDF creator to work as a virtual PDF printer. After installation of this virtual printer, it becomes simple for you to print and generate a PDF file.
Why to choose PDF file format?
When you visit to a web page and want to save it, you get a direct option to save that page in the same format it has been designed. But it becomes difficult to store the web page in the same manner for future reference or to send the web page to someone else for review; that’s why, many people wants to convert a web page into PDF file before saving it. Conversion of a web page into a PDF file seems better way to save important information for future consent. It is possible only when you use a PDF file creator for converting the file format of a web page into PDF.
Conversion of a web page into PDF file in Mozilla Firefox
Once after you install a PDF file creator, converting any web page into PDF from Mozilla firefox, Google Chrome, internet explorer or any other web browser becomes easier. Here is the stepwise process of converting a file into PDF from Mozilla firefox –
- Start the browser and visit to the web page which is required to be converted into PDF
- Select ‘file’ and click on ‘print’; in the printer section, select from drop down PDF creator PDF (for example, novaPDF)
- You can also change settings in the virtual printer by using ‘properties’ earlier than creation of PDF file. This is how you can use auto save option, addition of doc information and embedding fonts as per your requirement.
- Now, click OK on the location you want to choose; in this way, you will get a PDF file created and opened automatically in the default PDF viewer.
Conversion of a webpage into a PDF file in Google Chrome –
Developed by the Google management, this browser has become one of the popular browsers among Google users. Here is the process for converting a web page to a PDF from the Google Chrome Application –
- Open the web browser and visit to the web page you want to convert to PDF file.
- Then click on ‘settings’ and click on ‘print’ further.
- Select the PDF creator you have installed as virtual printer in the print option and choose other settings for printing.
- Click on print.
- Save PDF file by clicking on ‘OK’.
More to know is that certain special PDF creators offer the option of merging also, so that you can combine various web pages from single or multiple websites to create single PDF file.
So, now you know a simple way for converting your web pages into a PDF file.