Hello everyone, Today i will give you some very usefull tips to speed up your computer .
Earlier before i have posted 4 ways to boost your booting time,
today i will show you some tips which i believe are very helpfull to me and surely you will like it too.
I know many of you must be tired after seeing your computer’s speed, here’s what I would suggest you to go through these simple steps to make your computer faster. They helped me in making my computer comparatively faster.
1) Clean Temporary Files:
1) Clean Temporary Files:Windows applications and windows itself store temporary files in dedicated temporary folder. You should empty this folder time by time. Go to start –> Run and type %temp% , Delete all files of temporary folder. Note: Some files can not be deleted if they are in use. So it’s fine even if they are there.
2) Disable Indexing: Indexing files and folder allows you to search faster, but windows uses CPU and memory for indexing. Disabling it will speed up your windows. (will decrease windows inbuilt search speed). To disable file indexing, right click the drive and choose properties from the menu. At bottom uncheck Allow indexing option and press OK.
3) Disk Cleanup: You should clean all unnecessary files with the disk. This includes windows error reports, temporary internet files etc. Right click any partition and click properties. Further click Disk Cleanup and clean files.
4) Defragmentation of Harddisk: Defragment arranges all data on hard disk partition in such way that it can be fetched speedy. So data reading will be faster. So it will improve your windows performance.
In windows 7, go to start menu and type dfrgui.exe and press enter.choose partition to defrag, press analyze and defrag it later.
For older windows versions, right click my computer and choose Manage. In Disk section you will see an option to defrag.
5) Increase Page File Size: Page file is virtual RAM. Increase page file size will allow you to load huge program file in memory. Though increasing page file will help a little in speed up tasks.
In start menu right click my computer icon and choose properties.Go to advanced tab or click Advanced system settings (Vista and Windows 7).Click settings button under performance. Go to advanced tab under performance settings. Under Virtual memory section click Change button and change the values as per your requirement per drive.
6) Registry Cleanup: Junk and invalid registry keys make windows slow. A registry cleaner freeware e.g. Wise registry cleaner or shareware e.g. Tuneup utilities.
7) Disable Unnecessary Startup items: Unnecessary start up items will slow down your windows start up as well as they will slow down windows performance until they are running in background. To remove start up items, go to Start—>Run, type msconfig and press enter. Go to startup tab and check for unwanted start up programs. Uncheck them and exit all windows accepting changes.
8)Turn off system sounds: Why should we engage our processor in playing sounds while browsing folder or giving error when it has to do other important work ? So the last but not the least would be disabling Windows sounds. To disable windows sound go to control panel , in hardware and sound, you will find an option “change system sounds” under Sound division. Remove all sounds that are just unnecessary.
Try all the above and you will feel the difference surely.
share it on social networking sites and recommend us on google if you like it.